Rubrics: General homework rubric | How to: Get shareable link
This site is getting reworked. A lot of stuff will be broken over the summer.
Anything that looks like this needs to be turned in.
Anything that looks like this needs to be read.
Anything that looks like this is a credit / no-credit activity.
Week 1: Week of 24-Aug-2020, Mon and Tue are 8-period days, Wed is an A
- Review syllabus
- Library computer account set up and orientation
- Assign textbooks and preview our first reading and activities. Brainstorm ideas as a class for the Performance Task p 8.
- Work on outline for Performance Task p 8. This will be due next week.
Week 2: Week of 31-Aug-2020, B
- Pre-reading: Review Analyzing the Text, p 8. Brainstorm important, positive features of our school or community. (PT p. 8)
- Read A Quilt of a Country, pp 3-6. Download pdf.
- Performance Task, p 8, due Friday. Minimum of 250 words and 3 paragraphs. View task.
- Start working on a class quilt. Download instructions.
Week 3: Week of 07-Sep-2020, Mon is a holiday, Tue is an A
- Pre-reading discussion: What makes a fairy tale?
- Read Once Upon a Time, pp 11-16 Download pdf.
- Complete individual sections of the class quilt. If in-class, give them to the instructor. If on-line, upload to Google Classroom. Download instructions.
Week 4: Week of 14-Sep-2020, A
- Pre-reading: Research apartheid-era South Africa, research author, make predictions, and preview vocabulary.
- Read Once Upon a Time, pp 11-16. Download pdf.
- Once Upon a Time culminating activity options. You must choose one of the following:
- Alternate ending: Write an alternate ending to the story. Minimum words - 350.
- Chronological outline: Create an outline for the story on Google Docs. The outline must reflect all events or movements in the story.
- Character analysis: Write your own analysis for each character. What type of person are they? What motivates them? What do they look like? You can use a Google Doc, mindmap (Coggle), website, video, or any other media with teacher's permission.
- All options will be graded using the General Homework Rubric
- Due next week
Week 5: Week of 21-Sep-2020, B
- Pre-reading for Rituals of Memory pp 21-24
- Read Rituals of Memory
- Once Upon a Time culminating activity due
Week 6: Week of 28-Sep-2020, Mon & Fri no school for students, Tue is an A
- Using Coggle or completing by hand, create a mindmap for Rituals of Memory. Your map should include memories from the essay, qualities of those memories, other thoughts or experiences the author shares, etc. The teacher will share a demo mindmap.
- Work on Multimedia Activity
Week 7: Week of 05-Oct-2020, B
Week 8: Week of 12-Oct-2020, Mon holiday, Tue is an A
Week 9: Week of 19-Oct-2020, B, no school for students Fri
Week 10: Week of 26-Oct-2020, A, no school for students Fri
Week 11: Week of 02-Nov-2020, A
Week 12: Week of 09-Nov-2020, B, Wed holiday
Week 13: Week of 16-Nov-2020, B
Week 14: Week of 23-Nov-2020, A, Thu & Fri holiday
Week 15: Week of 30-Nov-2020, B
Week 16: Week of 07-Dec-2020, Mon CCR no school for students, Tue A day
Week 17: Week of 14-Dec-2020, A
Week 18: Week of 04-Jan-2020, B
Week 19: Week of 11-Jan-2020, Exam schedule